MOPL was specifically designed and engineered to meet the rigid standards of HIPAA compliance. We have built-in controls for security and auditing. All employees receive confidentiality training (as required by HIPAA) and are required to sign confidentiality agreements. They can access the systems only with their own unique user-id and passwords and have access to sensitive information only on a "need to know basis." Web access and email access is restricted via a software-based firewall. Printing and faxing audit trail details include user ID, workstation location, printer ID, time and date. With in-house employees all working on the same platform, managers have unprecedented audit and user control0.
Security safeguards include VPN, triple DES Internet encryption, redundant system architecture and security for servers, networks, firewalls and computer room entrance. Disaster prevention and recovery is ensured.
Some of the security features include
- Physical restrictions on access to work area and network center
- Firewall protection for internal network from the world wide web
- Enterprise-wide multiple virus protection system
- 128-bit SSL and data encryption on all web based applications
- Digital certificate authentication for all servers
- Each user has unique login, power-on and screensaver passwords
- Controlled media usage/movement through inventory logs and physical checks
- User accounts to access shared resources like fax machines and photocopiers
- Restriction and screening of emails and messengers.
For more details on HIPAA, please visit www.HIPAA.org